Support and Share
How you can share your expertise and support our work
Trust Leeds is a charity which helps people to lift themselves out of poverty by:
- providing small ethical personal loans for business purposes for enterprising people who are poor, who’ve been turned down by other loan providers, and whose family and friends can’t help; and
- nurturing Self-Reliant Groups (SRGs) which build skills, savings and enterprise-thinking in peer support groups in deprived communities across the city.
How can you help?
- £10 pays for a Self-Reliant Group meeting that inspires members
- £100 a year makes you a member of the Trust Leeds Anniversary Supporters Club
- £1,000 provides micro-finance loans for enterprising people facing poverty, and makes you a Trust Leeds Investor
We can also accept interest-free loans from people and businesses, and many lenders are eligible for tax relief.
This means we can lend-on to even more enterprising people and give a social return on investment to our investors.
Most borrowers are self-employed/sole traders, and often appreciate support, encouragement and a listening ear to help them resolve challenges.
Informal, regular or ad hoc support champions business success
Tell us about the skills you’d like to pass on.
Do you know people who want to learn more about how being part of Self-Reliant Group brings friendship, fun and a purpose?
Do you know someone who has a good business idea but who also faces poverty and financial exclusion?
As the Trust Leeds family of self-reliant groups and business borrowers grows, we’ll feature their stories and their wares on our website.
Connect with Trust Leeds
Get in touch with Liza Kellett